Spicy Sausage & Wild Rice Stuffed Mini Pumpkins
Write a review
- 4 mini pumpkins
- 1 lb. spicy sausage
- 1 oz. dried porcini
- 2 Tbs. BAZAAR Mushroom & Sage Olive Oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup wild rice blend
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 4 oz. Parmesan, grated
- Carefully cut the tops off the mini pumpkins. Scoring the outer skin helps to make the cutting easier. Scrape out the inner seeds and fibers. Place the pumpkin halves on a baking sheet, cut-side down. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes, depending on size.
- Meanwhile, brown the sausage in a frying pan and chop into small crumbles. Hydrate the porcini mushrooms in hot water for 15 minutes. Drain. Coarsely chop.
- In a large saucepan, sauté the diced onion until wilted and transparent. Add the wild rice blend (half wild rice, half Arborio (or other) rice), and stir until grains are coated. Add the chicken stock, bring to a boil, cover and turn the heat down to a simmer for 20-25 minutes or until grains are tender.
- Remove the rice from heat, stir in the browned sausage, chopped porcini and grated parmesan.
- Fill the partially baked pumpkins with the mixture. Top the filled pumpkins with their caps and bake for another 15 minutes. Serve and enjoy!